Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions govern and apply to your use of or reliance upon this website maintained by Hilltop Partner Network Inc. (the “Website”).
Your access or use of the Website indicates that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable laws, statutes and/or regulations. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, effective upon its posting to the Website. Your continued use of the Website will be considered your acceptance to the revised Terms and Conditions.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property on the Website (except for User Generated Content, as defined below) is owned by us or our licensors, which includes materials protected by copyright, trademark, or patent laws. All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by us. All content on the Website (except for User Generated
Content, as defined below), including but not limited to text, software, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, applications, interactive features and all other content is a collective work under Canadian and other copyright laws and is the proprietary property of the Company; All rights reserved.
2. USE OF COMPANY MATERIALS
3. USER GENERATED CONTENT
“User Generated Content” is communications, materials, information, data, opinions, photos, profiles, messages, notes, website links, text information, music, videos, designs, graphics, sounds, and any other content that you and/or other Website users post or otherwise make available on or through the Website, except to the extent the content is owned by the originating member, but may be removed from the website by Hilltop Partner Network at will.
4. ACCOUNT AND ACCOUNT USE
If your use of the Website requires an account identifying you as a user of the Website (an “Account”):
- you are solely responsible for your Account and the maintenance, confidentiality and security of your Account and all passwords related to your Account, and any and all activities that occur under your Account, including all activities of any persons who gain access to your Account with or without your permission;
- you agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account, any service provided through your Account or any password related to your Account, or any other breach of security with respect to your Account or any service provided through it, and you agree to provide assistance to us, as requested, to stop or remedy any breach of security related to your Account, and
- you agree to provide true, current, accurate and complete information as requested by us from time to time and you agree to promptly notify us of any changes to this information as required to keep such information held by us current, complete and accurate.
6. SALE OF GOODS AND SERVICES
We may allow third parties to sell goods or services through the Website. We undertake to be as accurate as possible with all information regarding the goods and services, including product descriptions and images. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any product information and you acknowledge and agree that you purchase such products at your own risk. For goods or services sold by others, we assume no liability for any product and cannot make any warranties about the merchantability, fitness, quality, safety or legality of these products. For any claim you may have against the manufacturer or seller of the product, you agree to pursue that claim directly with the manufacturer or seller and not with us. You agree to release us from any claims related to goods or services manufactured or sold by third parties, including any and all warranty or product liability claims.
For any questions, concerns, or disputes, you agree to contact us in a timely manner at the following:
Hilltop Partner Network Inc.
904 Red River Drive
8. ACCEPTABLE USE
You agree not to use the Website for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website in any way that could damage the Website, the services or the general business of Hilltop Partner Network Inc. You further agree not to use and/or access the Website:
- To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights;
- To violate any intellectual property rights of us or any third party;
- To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another;
- To perpetrate any fraud;
- To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme;
- To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material;
- To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate or discrimination towards any group;
- To unlawfully gather information about others.
9. PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
Through your use of the Website, you may provide us with certain information. By using the Website, you authorize us to use your information in Canada and any other country where We may operate.
When you register for an account, you provide us with a valid email address and may provide us with additional information, such as your name and/or address information. We use the information gathered from you to ensure your continued good experience on our website, including through email communication. We may also track certain of the passive information received to improve our marketing and analytics.
10. REVERSE ENGINEERING & SECURITY
You may not undertake any of the following actions:
- Reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer or disassemble any code or software from or on the Website;
- Violate the security of the Website through any unauthorized access, circumvention of encryption or other security tools, data mining or interference to any host, user or network.
11. DATA LOSS
We use all commercially reasonable methods to protect your information. We are not responsible for the security of your Account or Content. Your use of the Website is at your own risk.
You defend and indemnify Hilltop Partner Network Inc. and any of its affiliates and hold us harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Website, your breach of these Terms and Conditions, or your conduct or actions. We will select our own legal counsel and may participate in our own defence, if we wish to do so.
13. SPAM POLICY
You are strictly prohibited from using the Website or any of our services for illegal spam activities, including gathering email addresses and personal information from others or sending any mass commercial emails.
14. THIRD-PARTY LINKS & CONTENT
We may occasionally post links to third party websites or other services. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of your use of any third party services linked to from our Website.
To the extent any part or sub-part of these Terms and Conditions is held ineffective or invalid by any court of law, the prior, effective version of these Terms and Conditions be considered enforceable and valid to the fullest extent.
16. SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS
We may need to interrupt your access to the Website to perform maintenance or emergency services on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that your access to the Website may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, for any reason, but that we will have no liability for any damage or loss caused as a result of such downtime.
17. TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT
We may, in our sole discretion, suspend, restrict or terminate your Account and your use of the Website, effective at any time, without notice to you, for any reason, including because the operation or efficiency of the Website or our or any third party’s equipment or network is impaired by your use of the Website, we have received a third party complaint which relates to your use or misuse of the Website, or you have been or are in breach of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions. We will have no responsibility to notify any third party, including any third party providers of services, merchandise or information, of any suspension, restriction or termination of your access to the Website.
18. NO WARRANTIES
Your use of the Website is at your sole and exclusive risk and any services provided by us are on an “as is” basis. We disclaim any and all express or implied warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. We make no warranties that the Website will meet your needs or that the Website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. We also make no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the Website or obtained through the Services. Any damage that may occur to you, through your computer system, or as a result of loss of your data from your use of the Website is your sole responsibility and we are not liable for any such damage or loss.
20. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
We are not liable for any damages that may occur to you as a result of your use of the Website, to the fullest extent permitted by law. This applies to any and all claims by you, including, but not limited to, lost profits or revenues, consequential or punitive damages, negligence, strict liability, fraud, or torts of any kind.